The Coast Guard suspended its search Tuesday at 8 p.m. for two missing fishermen near Nantucket, pending the development of new information.
The fishermen originally went missing Monday evening after their boat, Misty Blue, sunk approximately 10 miles southeast of Nantucket. Two other crewmembers were rescued by a nearby good Samaritan.
The Coast Guard, along with state and local agencies and good Samaritans, searched for 42 asset hours, saturating a 1,605 square nautical mile area.
The search included the following assets:
• An MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter from Air Station Cape Cod
• An HC-144 Ocean Sentry aircraft from Air Station Cape Cod
• A 47-foot Motor Lifeboat from Coast Guard Station Brant Point
• Coast Guard Cutter Steelhead, an 87-foot patrol boat
• Coast Guard Cutter Tybee, a 110-foot patrol boat
• Coast Guard Cutter Albacore, an 87-foot patrol boat
• Barnstable County Sheriff
• Dennis Fire Department
• Massachusetts State Police Dive Team
• Fishing vessel Enterprise
• Fishing vessel Mariette
The cause of the sinking is under investigation.